If you are unable to present your paper personally, please arrange for someone else to present it. If no one is available to present your work, you must notify the Technical Program Co-chairs as soon as possible (dkaklam at mail.ntua.gr, gkyriac at ee.duth.gr) so that it can be withdrawn. As per IEEE directives, papers that are not presented will not be included in the conference proceedings on IEEE Xplore.
Oral Presentations will take place in Ballrooms I+II (Basement Level) of Electra Palace Hotel,
Each oral presentation is scheduled for 20 minutes; it is recommended that each speaker leaves 3-5 minutes for questions.
- Please be in session 15 mins before start to upload your presentation
- No use of personal laptops – the equipment in the room must be used
- The computers will have Microsoft Office and Acrobat Reader. Please contact TPC chairs if any other formats are requested.
Technical Interactive Sessions
The Technical Interactive Sessions will take place on the Mezzanine of the Electra Palace Athens hotel. Posters and other accompanying material can be posted the morning of the scheduled presentation day and all material should be removed promptly at the conclusion of the same day
The Technical Interactive Session (TIS) provides an opportunity for the presenter to engage in direct discussions with small groups of interested workshop attendees on an informal basis. Be prepared to use your time at the TIS session to explain your work and to answer specific questions. Software and/or hardware demonstrations are welcomed and encouraged.
Here are some guidelines to help your preparation for the TIS presentation:
- Poster Space: It is recommended to use A0 size - Portrait orientation, i.e. 841cm width x 1189mm height (33.1inches x 46.8inches). Please find an example PPTX file that includes also the iWAT 2017 logo here
- Use bullet lists, charts, figures, tables, equations, and photographs as applicable to highlight the important technical content of your work. The use of color graphics and headline style phrases in bullet charts will allow the audience to quickly see the theme of your presentation and grasp your intended message. It is also a good idea to sequentially number your posted material or use arrows to indicate flow of material. This will indicate to the viewer a logical progression through your presentation. Simply posting the pages of the written version of your paper is a very poor presentation for the TIS.
- The title of your paper should appear in block letters, which are recommended at least 5 cm high (2 in). The remaining text should be at least 2 cm high (1 in) to be easily legible to viewers who are standing as far as 2 meters away. Each graph or chart with text should also be readable from 1-2 meters away. Provide an Introduction or Outline, and Summary or Conclusion. Remember to keep text short and concise, and highlight the key points and significance of your work (use phrases instead of complete sentences).
- Your presentation material must be available for viewing and you must be available for discussion during the entire TIS session. If you wish to step away from your presentation, please inform the TPC Chair and return as soon as possible. Your presentation will be clustered with other presentations having a similar topic, so an interested viewer is likely to appear at any time during the session. It is also helpful to have paper copies of your written submission to the workshop Digest available for visitors to take with them. Presenters often provide their business cards and solicit the cards of their visitors so they may correspond with one another in the future.
- For anyone that would like to avoid carrying out her/his on travel we have communicated with a local printing service for printing and delivering the poster at the conference site. The cost is 30€ for A0-size 180gr Matte paper including all taxes and delivery on site. Payments are to be given with delivery using cash or credit card. Posters will be delivered at registration desk during the morning coffee brake (10:40-11:10) or lunch brake (12:50-13:50) after arrangements with local printing service representative
- Posters should be in PDF format with all fonts included.
- Please understand that we are not affiliated with local printing service. This is only offered for your convienience